Monday, October 8, 2007

HW 18 YIKES!!!

http://jezebel.com/gossip/save-the-children/mommy-can-i-be-a-whore+from+hell-for-halloween-308279.php

After looking through Jezebel’s blog I found some awesome blogs and some weird ones as well. I usually look for articles I would be interesting in and not typically ones that I would dislike, however, this week I did find an article that I was both interested in and found extremely disturbing.
Since when do children dress as whores for Halloween? I read an article called “Save The Children: Mommy, Can I Be A Whore-From-Hell For Halloween?
By Jennifer on slutty costumes, which informed the readers how Halloween costumes have gone to an all time extreme. Although very short and to the point, I still find this article to be very disturbing because kids are being exposed to so much these days, that I would never have seen when I was a kid. Also, these costumes are being targeted to girls not boys because as she’s says “boys have a lot of simple, innocent options….” and girls don’t?? What happened to little girls dressing as witches or princesses for Halloween? Jeeze, this article freaked me out because I wonder what it’ll be like when I have kids and they want to be hookers for Halloween at the age of 5. Yikes!!

1 comment: